Councilman Gerry Drasheff has served as a member of the Guttenberg Town Council for the past seven years.
During that time he, along with his fellow elected representatives, has been instrumnetal in accomplishing the following:
- Placed the Town of Guttenberg on a sound fiscal footing.
- Secured over $1 million in County Open Space Funds for the purchase of land on River Rd. to be developed into a riverfront park.
- Convinced County Freeholders to permit the wideningof the sidewalk on Boulevard East to provide for the creation of the mini-park in front of the Veterans Monument.
- Complete replacement of the playground adjacent to the Klein School.
- Obtained over $.5 million in county funds for the purchase of land adjacent to the Klein School to be used for a new community recreation center and to help alleviate overcrowding in the Klein School.
- Obtained over $400,000 in County Open Space Funds to help defray the cost of constructing the riverfront park.
- Increased police presence and supervision on the street by the use of Special Police Officers and civillian dispatchers at the police desk.
This is just a short list of what Councilman Drasheff has helped to accomplish over the past seven years.
In the weeks to come you will hear more about what he and his fellow Council Members have done and what he hopes to accomplish as your Mayor.
NOVEMBER 4, 2008